Grab a team of your colleagues and come out to throw some rocks!
- Sunday evenings, 6:30- 9:30 starting November 5, 2017 through to January 28, 2018
- 4-person open teams; any combination of men and/or women, bring regular team of 4 or new people every week
- 6-end games, with instruction provided as needed
- Cost: $300 + GST per corporate team
How does it work?
We're still working out the final details, but here are the basics:
- Your business/organization pays the league registration fee ($300) and donates a prize.
- You choose someone from your business/organization to be the coordinator on your end.
- Every week, your coordinator rounds up four colleages to come down to the curling rink for a game.
- The season ends with playoffs for all the bragging rights.
Do we need to have the same four people play every week?
Not at all. If you have four dedicated people, that's great; if you want to mix it up every week, that's great too. And your team can be any combination of men or women.
Does everyone on our team have to be employees of the business?
Nope. Feel free to include friends or family members of people in your business/organization, with any combination of men or women. The only caveat is that this league is intended primarily for adults; players should be at least 15 years old.
What if we don't know how to curl?
That's just fine! We will have our club members on hand to get you started. You'll catch on pretty quickly!
What kind of equipment do we need?
Not much: warm, stretchy, layered clothing and a clean pair of running shoes (or curling shoes, if you have them) to change into when you get to the rink. (Please don't wear your street shoes on the ice--dirt and grit really make a mess of things.) If you have a curling broom feel free to bring it; if not, you can borrow one of ours for your game.
Will the bar be open after our game?