Schools and Groups
On this page:
Schools and youth groups
Give kids an opportunity to experience one of Canada’s most popular and enduring winter sports. Our school and youth group program offers:
- On-ice programs tailored to the ages and abilities of participants
- Flexibility: come for a one-time introduction to the sport, or for a multi-week Winter Activities program that develops skills in more depth
- Emphasis on safety, fun, teamwork and sportsmanship
- A unique addition to winter Phys. Ed. programs for all grades
- An exciting follow-up to indoor floor curling for elementary school kids
Please note: To ensure a safe environment for everyone, the maximum size of any group is 24 youth. Groups require one adult supervisor on the ice for every 4 youth. (Adult supervisors are not counted in the maximum group size.)
Times: Weekdays, October to March. Tuesday and Thursday mornings are not available, but any other day usually works unless we have a special event going on at the rink. Weekday evenings and weekends may also be available, depending on league play, bonspiels, or special events.
Cost: In general, $5 per person per hour. Alternatively, book the whole rink for a day for $200.
- Wear warm, layered clothing.
- If you don’t have proper curling shoes, please bring a *clean* pair of gym shoes.
- Helmets are required for all elementary-school students, and strongly recommended for everyone.
- Sliders and brooms are available at the rink.
We work with you to design a program that suits your schedule, your budget, and your goals. Contact us today to set something up.
Indoor floor curling
Bring the excitement of curling right into your school gym or group meeting space! Indoor floor curling provides:
- An off-ice introduction to curling for kids or adults
- Trained instructors who bring unique indoor floor curling equipment to you
- Games, relays and team-building activities for the whole school/group
- A highly interactive program with an emphasis on fun
Times: Any time. Let us know what your schedule looks like and we can set something up.
Cost: $150 for a full day of programming; $80 for a half day. Only need an hour? Let us know. Contact us today to book your floor curling program.
Private group rentals
Bring your office, family, friends or other group into the curling rink for a private event. Great for:
- Office parties
- Family gatherings
- Team-building adventures
See our rentals page for more information.